Broadly, this sector involves activities related to natural resources management, crops and cropping systems, integrated farming systems, watershed programmes, rain-fed farming, sustainable improved agronomic practices for arable crops. The specific areas in which the experience and expertise available with NABARD Consultancy Services include the following:
Land Reclamation and Soil Improvement
- Reclamation of Wastelands, Virgin Lands, Permanent fallows, etc. and Command area development.
- Reclamation of problem soils like Saline-Alkali Lands, Acid Soils Waterlogged lands.
- Soil improvement measures like silt application, drainage, integrated use of organic wastes, manures, etc.
- Reclamation of fragile ecosystems like, hill slopes, ravines gullies etc.
- Production of organic inputs like bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides etc.
Fodder and Pasture Agronomy: Fodder and pastures for various land use situations and agro climatic conditions, including species selection and cultivation practices.
On Farm Development Works for irrigation commands, land leveling, shaping, lining of water courses, construction of water distribution channels, designing suitable cropping systems, irrigation scheduling, water management, drainage. Modernisation and system improvement diagnosis are other areas of expertise available
Soil and Water Conservation:
Watershed Development/Rainfed Agriculture:
- Land leveling/shaping, Bunding, Terracing, Trenching
- Stonewall, Revetment
- Gully and Ravine control measures, Waterways
- Watershed Development
- Integrated Rainfed farming
- Improved Agronomic practices
- Alternate land use systems based on land capability
- Improved equipments and implements for dry land farming
- Water Management ï¿½ efficient use of irrigation water